Thursday, September 3, 2009

Nature or Nurture?

So, I'm a list-maker. A completely obsessive one. I'm not sure that they actually help me stay more organized, but that's the idea. On my desk right now are at least 6 different lists, from what I need to make the girls' Halloween costumes to the chores I need to get done this week. I know it would be more helpful if I had a planner, or if I kept all of my endles lists online, but then I wouldn't have the satisfaction of crossing things off by hand...so I continue to kill trees to satisfy my own mania.

Yesterday I found out that either Layla has been watching my list-making frenzy, or she's inherited some of my crazy genes and can't help herself. She was in my room, supposedly napping, and when I came in to check her I found that she had hijacked my pen and wrote herself "lists" completely covering 5 sheets of paper. I especially like how she mimicked my disorganization... main list in the middle, smaller lists that I forgot earlier running down the sides and top, and then the circling and "relocation" of things that I ended up putting in the wrong spot or didn't have time for. That's my girl. :)

Whew, now that I got this done I get to cross off "blog about Layla's list" and move on to the next thing. :)

1 comment:

Yard said...

Part of this warms my heart; to know that my little girl is so much like her mother.

The other part breaks my heart; she's growing up too fast. I swear she's 30.